If you're looking to run a successful online business (and we're assuming you do, that's what's brought you here), delivering first-rate customer experiences is vital.
Needless to say, your website and what it has to offer plays a crucial role in ensuring prospects enjoy a positive first impression of your brand.
Cue, live chat software
Of course, to offer decent chat functionality on your site, you'll need to use the right software. Tidio is a chat solution offering powerful live chat and chatbot tools. So we're reviewing Tidio here in this article post. More specifically, we're examining its core functionality, pricing, and whether you can rely on it to streamline your customer experience. Let’s find out…
As we've already hinted at in the intro, Tidio Chat provides everything you need to quickly bring live chat and chatbots to your website. It’s best described as a relationship-building tool with some CRM capabilities that enable you to reach out to visitors and form new connections.
The software has enjoyed several accolades, including mentions by Forbes, FoxNews, HubSpot, and excellent reviews across various platforms. For example, at the time of writing, Tidio has a 4.8-star rating from 1418 reviews on the Shopify App Store, and a further 313 reviews give the same rating on WordPress.
Overall, the tool is intuitive and beginner-friendly, requiring no former technical knowledge. And even better? Tidio comes with a free version!
Tidio Chat Review – Key Features
Tidio comprises two significant features:
- Live chat to provide customer support.
- Chatbot tools to help automate your customer support strategy by pointing customers towards relevant articles on your site or giving predetermined answers to FAQs.
A combination of live chat and chatbots is vital for ensuring the best possible around-the-clock customer service.
Tidio’s Live Chat
Within just a few minutes, you can use Tidio to equip your website with live chat functionality. You can even customize the colors of your live chat feature to match your brand's aesthetic.
On top of that, Tidio's live chat boasts the following features:
- A live preview of your visitor list: Tidio provides real-time visitor monitoring that points out their browser and the country they’re connecting from. This makes it easier to get to know your website visitors in real-time and spot opportunities to reach out. It's also worth mentioning that the contact details of previous chat participants are saved so that no one has to re-introduce themselves. You can also review their last visited page to determine their interest in a particular article, service, or product. This provides the information you need to deliver personalized customer support. You can also filter and segment visitors in the live preview to align with your marketing goals. For example, you can set the live preview to only display newcomers, returning visitors or those from a specific country. y . Lastly, whenever you spot a visitor you want to contact, simply hit “start chat” to ping them a chat message request on your website!
- Access to a shared team inbox: You can set up accounts for each agent, complete with a mailbox search function that enables you to quickly find old messages from returning customers. Tidio comes with one shared inbox that syncs your messages from all your communication channels, including:
- Live chat
- Social media messaging like Facebook Messenger
- Customer profiles: These include customer info like their: contact details, which pages they’ve visited, and your own notes. Also, when you integrate Tidio with your online store, you can review which products are in a customer’s cart in real-time and order details.. With this know-how at your disposal, it’s easier to make product suggestions that match their interests. Lastly, you can add and remove visitor tags from customer profiles based on their behavior. This enables you to hone in on their needs the next time you encounter them.
- Customer satisfaction: You can attach a quick survey to gain customer feedback at the end of your chat.
- Efficiency: : Tidio also has a live typing feature. This shows what visitors are typing in real-time, even before hitting the send button. Thanks to this, you can search for relevant information, prepare your answer ahead of time to ensure a prompt response. Tidio also provides its users with a range of chat templates and a ‘quick responses’ feature. The latter enables you to pre-prepare short messages, links, and entire articles and quickly call upon them during a chat.
Tidio’s Chat Bot
Tidio’s chatbot comes with over 35 pre-designed templates. But of course, you can also create your own. The chatbot also enables you to automatically respond to queries.
- Automatic discounts: For new or returning visitors
- Product recommendations: Use this template to offer customers product reccommendations Abandoned cart recovery: Remind customers about the items in their cart and nudge them towards the ‘buy’ button with a discount.
- Order placement: Invite a customer to place an order.
- Upsales: Encourage customers to check out related products or inform them of minimum order numbers that might qualify them for free shipping.
- Lead generation: Invite customers to sign up to your mailing list, and/or leave other contact details if they want to recieve personalised offers
- Operator not responding: Send a message to let customers know you’ll get back to them as soon as possible if they’ve been waiting a while
- Customer satisfaction survey: Attach a quick survey to your goodbye message
As we’ve already hinted at, Tidio’s chatbot also enables you to automate answers to frequently asked questions. For example, it can handle common queries like checking order status or processing a return. In these instances, the chatbot can collect details like order numbers and the user’s email address and pass them on to a support agent.
Thanks to the customer segmentation we mentioned earlier, Tidio also allows you to prepare automated, personalized messages for customers with specific tags. So, let’s say a customer is marked as a returning shopper; their greeting message might say “Welcome back, we’ve missed you!” instead of “Welcome, nice to meet you!”.
Suppose you’re not a fan of chatbot automation and want to handle most customer interactions yourself. In that case, you can set the chatbot to only be active during specific days or hours.
You determine your chatbot’s behavior from an intuitive flowchart interface, including triggers and the responding actions. You can also set conditions that determine whether the chatbot should operate a little differently. For instance, you could specify a timeframe to operate in or what to do when a user closes the chat window.
- A visitor clicks on a specific page
- A visitor comes to your website for the first time
- A visitor returns to your site
- A visitor uses a particular keyword or phrase in chat
Actions can include:
- Sending a message
- Collecting information by asking a question
- Creating a carousel of choices for the visitor
- Creating a selection of buttons for the visitor
And finally, you can set conditions, like:
- A specific timeframe or day of the week
- A visitor using a particular internet browser or device
- Chat operators being offline or online
- Visitors using a particular language
Tidio Chat Review – Integrations
Tidio comes with several integrations to help you streamline your workflow. On top of the platforms below, you can integrate Tidio with hundreds of other apps using the Zapier integration:
- Facebook Messenger
- Google Analytics
- External mailboxes (like Gmail, AOL, etc.)
- Agile CRM
Tidio Chat Review – Pricing
Tidio offers two premium pricing plans and one free plan. You effectively get two months subscription free if you opt for annual billing. The prices below are based on monthly billing:
Let’s take a look at the free plan first. This package facilitates up to three operators. You can reach 100 unique visitors per month with bots and start an unlimited number of chats. In addition, you get access to visitor information and all third-party app integrations, excluding Zapier.
The Chatbot Plan costs $39 per month and also allows for three operators. With this plan, you can reach an unlimited number of unique visitors each month and add as many active chatbots as you like. You also get access to all chatbot templates, visual chatbot editor, and the Zapier integration.
The Communicator Plan s billed at $15 per user per month and unlocks the live typing the live visitor's list, and you can create notes on your visitors. You can also edit agent permissions and handle up to 40 operators.
Tidio Chat Review – Customer Support
Unsurprisingly, Tidio offers live chat support powered by its own tool. The team usually replies within five minutes and is available 24 hours, Monday to Friday.
However, the chatbot also provides quick, automated answers, including pointing you towards relevant articles in its help center. You can also send an email to [email protected] and expect a response within 24 hours.
Tidio Chat Review – Pros and Cons
Before wrapping up this Tidio review, here’s a quick run-down of the chat platform’s main advantages and disadvantages:
- A free version is available that will suit small businesses just starting out that want a professional-looking live chat widget.
- Tidio is quick to set up and prioritizes ease of use
- You can install it on any website, and there are no limits on how many websites you can add the widget to.
- Multi-channel support allows teams to sync messages across the board.
- Multiple operators can collaborate and access existing customer information.
- You can set up unlimited chatbots and automations using Tidio’s simple flowchart editor.
- Tidio enjoys stellar reviews across multiple platforms.
- Tidio, when integrated with your online store, can become a valuable selling tool through its product recommendations, upsells, and abandoned cart recovery messages.
- Tidio’s customization options for your chat window are somewhat limited. You can only change the background color of your chat and add your own welcome message. That said, it’s a good-looking chat window that should suit a wide range of brands.
- Tidio isn’t suited to substantial organizations with more than 40 operators.
- Native integrations are limited, especially if you’re already using an email marketing automation tool that isn’t on the list. However, with Zapier and access to Tidio’s API, workarounds are available – it just takes a little more effort.
- The analytics and customer information provided by Tidio isn’t as in-depth as more complex helpdesk software. Examples of more comprehensive tools include Hubspot and Zendesk. These platforms also include ticketing systems and enable you to create your own online knowledge bases.
Tidio Chat Review – Our Final Verdict
All in all, Tidio Chat focuses on the essential live chat and chatbot functions and performs them very well. This is attested by hundreds of excellent reviews! All features are user-friendly, including automations. You can follow simple automation templates and customize them with straightforward actions and triggers. Tidio’s live chat functionality provides everything would expect it to, with a few advanced features like live typing and a live visitor preview.
No user would be overwhelmed by these features, making it perfect for beginners and smaller teams. In contrast, Tidio might not be advanced or complex enough for larger organizations that require more advanced CRM and helpdesk tools. For instance, it doesn’t work well as a ticketing system and can’t facilitate huge customer support teams (i.e., more than 40 operators).
So there you have it – that brings us to the end of our Tidio review. What do you think? Let us know your impression of Tidio chat in the comments below.