Our analysis involves checking into the advantages of each fulfillment center in the USA, while cutting it down to the outliers that provide competitive pricing, fast shipping, and multiple warehouses to reach every part of the US.
Keep reading to find the best fulfillment center in the USA for your business.
The Best Fulfillment Center in the USA
Finding the ideal fulfillment center doesn't necessarily mean partnering with a fulfillment provider near your place of business. It's all about the customers. So, if a fulfillment company has centers spread throughout the United States, that's much better for reaching those customers. We're also looking for options that integrate with your online store.
It helps if a fulfillment company has connections to ecommerce platforms like Shopify and WooCommerce, that way you have no problem sending orders to the fulfillment center and getting products to your customers.
If this all sounds good, take a look at the best fulfillment center options in the USA below. We highlight our favorite, then go into four more fulfillment centers that provide the low pricing and essential elements needed for all ecommerce stores.
Best Fulfillment Center USA: ShipBob
ShipBob caters to online stores that need shipping, packaging, and storage all in one. The fulfillment brand offers benefits like up to 13% cost savings, an increase in average order value by up to 97%, and reduced cart abandonment by 18%. It's the best fulfillment center in the USA because it actually has over a dozen warehouses within the US, along with one in Canada, one in Ireland, and one in England. Note: ShipBob is continuously growing its fulfillment network, so check here for the most up-to-date locations.
Some of the USA fulfillment center locations include the following, targeting various regions across the United States:
- Los Angeles, CA
- Carrollton, TX
- Woodridge, IL
- St. Petersburg, FL
- Edison, NJ
We also like that ShipBob is known for its featured partner integrations, including regularly used ecommerce platforms and shopping cart tools with the ability to send orders to ShipBob in a rapid manner. For instance, you can integrate with Wix, Shopify, BigCommerce, WooCommerce, Square Online, and Squarespace, just to name a few. The system contains a myriad of other integrations as well, such as options for returns and inventory management.
- Connections to your online store and automatic syncing with inventory and orders. The packages get put together and sent out to your customers without you having to do anything on your end.
- Multiple integrations for ecommerce platforms, return management platforms, and more.
- Distributed inventory that lets you choose locations across the network of US fulfillment centers from ShipBob (and data to optimize this over time).
- Data and analytics for seeing where orders are sent and how long they take.
- Options for two-day express shipping, allowing you to keep up with the big dogs.
- An order management panel with filters and searching tools to find all shipping-related information with a few clicks.
- Inventory management and reporting that combines to form a beautiful solution with visuals and decision-helping analytics.
ShipBob boasts an ever-growing network of the best fulfillment centers in the USA. It also has a global fulfillment center network. The list of locations include:
- Kilkenny, IE
- Ottawa, CA
- Edison, NJ
- Bethlehem, PA
- Geneva, WI
- Cicero, IL
- Woodridge, IL
- Chattanooga, TN
- Louisville, KY
- St. Petersburg, FL
- Dallas, TX
- Grapevine, TX
- Carrollton, TX
- Phoenix, Arizona
- Moreno Valley, CA (right by Los Angeles)
- And many more
The ShipBob pricing and fee structure is straightforward for newcomers and established ecommerce businesses. The company offers a transparent, total fulfillment cost pricing system so you know exactly how much you'll pay as your business grows.
It's still necessary to receive a quote from the ShipBob salespeople, but the pricing typically includes the following:
- A one-time implementation fee
- Fees for receiving inventory
- Fees for storing items in warehouses
- Fees for shipping each order
It’s way fewer fees than other 3PLs, and can be actually rather affordable, especially since those types of fees are outlined on the ShipBob website (no surprises).
Here's a taste of what to expect in terms of pricing for ShipBob services:
- For receiving – A flat rate of $25 for the initial two hours. Every hour after that costs $40 per man-hour.
- For storage – A monthly fee of $40 per pallet per month. There's also a fee of $10 per shelf per month. Finally, there's a fee of $5 per bin per month. You only pay for what you need.
- For picking and packing – This is included in the cost, A $0.20 per pick fee comes into play after the first four picks.
- For standard packing – You receive free plain mailers, tape, dunnage, kitting, and boxes. Anything more elaborate (like an insert or custom branded box) costs more to store as a SKU but not to pack.
- For shipping – This depends on the order. The pricing varies based on what gets sent, the weight, dimensions, destination, and more. You also have to factor in the shipping service. ShipBob provides shipping discounts with the main providers.
Overall, ShipBob takes the top slot in our list of the best fulfillment center options in the USA. From the pricing to the integrations, and the many warehouses to the beautiful apps, you can't go wrong when shipping and storing products with ShipBob.
Click here to learn even more about ShipBob in our comprehensive review.
The Shopify Fulfillment Network offers an alternative to third-party logistics for those already using Shopify as their ecommerce platform. It has a full-service network of shipping locations across the United States, where you send them your products and receive recommendations on where to hold the items within the extensive network. For example, Shopify may recommend that some of your items go to Michigan, while other products may have more sales down south, so it makes sense to store them in the Oklahoma or Georgia warehouses.
What's also great about the Shopify Fulfillment center is that you can make sales on all channels. An order that comes in on Amazon goes through the same fulfillment process as one that comes through your Shopify website. Combine that with reasonable pricing, a simple billing process, and top-notch support and Shopify becomes the best fulfillment center in the USA for your needs.
- Dedicated support your online store and the fulfillment process all in one place.
- Steep discounts for shipping rates from the major transportation providers like UPS, Fedex, and USPS.
- Transparent pricing and a simple bill that combines your Shopify subscription with the fulfillment fees.
- Several fulfillment center options in the USA, making it easy to ship from locations near your customers.
- Reporting, real-time analytics, and smart replenishment tools to restock your items and ensure everything runs smoothly.
- Support for regular online stores, along with B2B wholesale, subscription order fulfillment, and more.
- Support for sales through different channels like eBay, Etsy, and Amazon.
- Excellent data control, with custom data at your fingertips and end-to-end package tracking whenever an item gets sent to a customer.
- Inventory management and return processing.
- Fast and same-day fulfillment services where you control the timing of the shipments if something needs to go out faster.
- Sleek branding options with customizable packing slips, packaging, and marketing inserts.
As of this article, Shopify Fulfillment centers in the USA include:
- New Jersey
Shopify also has a Canada-based shipping center in Ottawa, Ontario.
The Shopify Fulfillment network bills its customers through two methods: per fulfillment (picking, packing and shipping) and per month (storage and special projects).
Each company has to get their own custom quote from Shopify, but they outline details on how they end up with particular pricing for each brand:
- You get charged each month for your storage space when using the Per Month plan. They add on any special project fees when necessary.
- They charge separately for wholesale orders.
- The Per Fulfillment plan factors in picking and packing fees, which include finding items in the warehouse and packaging them with supplies and inserts.
- Shipping charges include elements like the weight of the package, shipping carrier, and shipping zone.
Pricing unique to your company appears in the Shopify Admin page.
Deliverr has the unique advantage of focusing on multi-channel fulfillment, in particular through Google, Amazon, Facebook, and Instagram. You can also connect to your main ecommerce platform, as it support links to Shopify, Bigcommerce, and many more. Deliverr offers affordable pricing that's customized based on the style and size of your shipments. You can also offer next-day delivery when selling through partners like Facebook and Shopify.
What's unique about Deliverr is its prime-like badging, which enables items for super fast shipping programs like the Walmart 2-day option. In short, you can turn on those badges within your online store to prompt people to buy faster due to the promise of free shipping. Overall, Deliverr has a simple interface for those who don't want something too bulky. It's also rather affordable and provides ways for you to boost your sales with the help of faster shipping badges.
- Individual shipping and fulfillment modules for Shopify, Amazon, Walmart, eBay, Wish, and many more.
- Free two-day delivery to some of the most popular marketplaces and through top ecommerce platforms.
- Reasonable pricing that's always transparent.
- A badge system to boost sales by promising faster shipping to customers. For instance, you might add a badge to one product on eBay to guarantee the customer they'll get the product within a certain period of time.
- Inventory management tools to understand where your products move to and from.
- A respectable warehouse network spread throughout the USA, with fulfillment centers on the west coast, Midwest, east coast, and in the south.
Deliverr has its own warehouse network, so you can ship your products to the fulfillment centers that make the most sense.
As of right now, these states have a fulfillment center in the USA:
- South Dakota
- New York
Simple and transparent, the Deliverr pricing allows ecommerce shops the opportunity to fully understand what they're paying for and when it becomes the right choice for them.
It all depends on your business, but here's a list of the general fulfillment fees:
- Fulfillment – Starting at $3.99 per unit
- Storage – Starting at around $0.75 per cubic foot per month
You can enter your products in the Deliverr Cost Calculator to get a better estimate.
Shipmonk provides ecommerce order fulfillment and integrations with top sales channels to make for a stress-free storage and shipping process. It offers a 4-1 cloud-based software with tools for inventory management, shipping, orders, and warehousing. Shipmonk has three fulfillment centers in the USA, all spread out into different regions to reach your customers in the most efficient way possible.
You can also expect shipping discounts when you partner with Shipmonk, along with high-quality customer support through the phone, chat, and email. Shipmonk offers support for all types of ecommerce fulfillment. For instance, you can set up a connection for subscription box fulfillments, or maybe consider sending out products for your crowdfunding campaign. The FBA prep services come in handy, while the retailers fulfillment options works for many businesses as well.
- Several locations in the USA, with options to decide on where you store your products based on data.
- Return management for your customers to send their unwanted items back to the original locations instead of your office.
- Support for special projects in case your scope runs outside of the usual fulfillment practices.
- Actionable reports with breakdowns for orders, costs, and the units being sent around the US.
- Transparent billing to keep your costs low and always understand how much you'll pay.
- Free integrations with the top ecommerce platforms, along with over 100 other integrations.
- An all-in-one management software with features for shipping, warehousing, orders, and inventory, all compiled into one simple dashboard.
Shipmonk has three fulfillment center locations in the USA:
- Los Angeles, CA
- Pittston, PA
- Fort Lauderdale, FL
They strategically located these warehouses on the three main coasts of the US, opening up options for faster shipping.
Shipmonk markets that its pricing is transparent and ready for you to look at, and that definitely seems to be the case.
You can view the Shipmonk website for pricing information on subscription box fulfillment, retail, and Amazon fulfillment prep.
Here's what to expect for the ecommerce fulfillment pricing:
- Starting at $2.50 picking fee per order, $0.50 for additional picks, and $0.20 for promotional inserts for up to 500 monthly orders.
- Return processing of $2.00 +0.50 per additional items.
- Storage: $1 per month for a small bin; $2 per month for a medium bin; $3 per month for a large bin; $4 per month for an XL bin; and $20 per month for a pallet.
- Additional fees when needed: $45 per man-hour for special projects; special fees for container unloading; $250 minimum pick and pack fee; and $.15 to $2 for packaging materials.
Red Stag Fulfillment has top-notch rates and professional shipping and storage, all merged into one dashboard for you to partner with the right shipping carriers and send your products to specific warehouses. It's considered one of the best fulfillment centers in the USA for a few reasons. First of all, Red Stag connects with top ecommerce platforms like Shopify and WooCommerce. It provides discounted shipping labels, shipment tracking, and streamlined returns with no hassles.
Red Stag is a USA fulfillment center through and through, with warehouses on the west and east coast, getting close to all customers through the states. It works as a wonderful Amazon Fulfillment alternative, seeing as how you receive same-day shipping and fulfillment, web-based inventory and order management, and return processing. We also like that it has lower storage fees and a quality customer experience team in case you have any questions.
- Custom packaging design and options for unique inserts and tape.
- Return processing with exceptional speed and monitored processes that get customized for your business.
- Several discounts for shipment carriers, storage fees, and inventory storage.
- Same-day fulfillment, and other speedy shipping options for those in the ecommerce world.
- An inventory and customer order management system that lives online for you to check in on your products and understand where they're moving.
- Integrations with the top ecommerce platforms, including Shopify, WooCommerce, Volusion, and Weebly.
- Some of the best fulfillment centers throughout the USA.
Red Stag Fulfillment doesn't have an enormous network of fulfillment centers, but it makes up for quantity in its efficiency and focuses on two current centers, with another coming in Los Angeles soon.
Currently, the two fulfillment centers are in Knoxville, TN and Salt Lake City, UT. Customers in those areas get one-day deliveries, while everyone else in the US receives a two-day shipping timeframe. There are only two little areas in the lower 50 states that have three-day delivery times, a small part of Montana and bits of New England.
Red Stag requires a sales consultation to determine the overall shipping costs for your business fulfillment expenses. However, the company breaks down usual costs like this:
- Picking and packing
They don't have hidden fees like many competitors. So you shouldn't expect charges for account management, monthly minimums, or SKU management.
The Shipbots fulfillment service offers a myriad of software tools and three US-based warehouse locations for reaching customers on the Westcoast, Eastcoast, and the Midwest. We like the fulfillment company for its incredible shipping discounts, its intuitive inventory management software, and the ability to track everything from orders to shipping, and warehouse logs to blacklisted SKUs.
The process of partnering with Shipbots comes easy, seeing as how you connect the software to your store, sync products, then send all of the items you want to be fulfilled to the warehouses of your choice. For instance, you may want to store some of your items in Kansas City and the rest of them in Los Angeles.
We've also found some rather unique elements that make Shipbots appealing for some merchants. For example, Shipbots has temperature-controlled storage facilities and shipping options if you need to protect products from the heat or cold. It also has a returns management program that sends out alerts and automatically ships the products back to the right warehouse. Along with that, you receive everything from transparent billing to actionable reports, and enterprise grade security to freight management if needed.
- Shipbots has some excellent locations for fulfillment centers in the USA. They handle all coasts and regions with one warehouse in the Midwest, another in the West, and another in the East.
- Shipbots negotiates with the major couriers to ensure you receive the best shipping rates possible.
- Its inventory management software combines facets of inventory tracking, order management, and shipping software for the most efficient process.
- You can opt for temperature-controlled storage and shipping.
- The company provides top-notch support so you can get in contact with someone at any time regarding your shipments.
- Shipbots has a return management process for making return labels and receiving return notifications when they get sent back to the warehouse. In addition, Shipbots handles those returns by restocking them on the shelves.
- You receive actionable reports with information about costs, orders, and unit movements.
- You get to select where you store your products. Or, you can opt to store your items in all three of the Shipbots warehouses.
- Integrate with some of the most popular ecommerce platforms like Shopify and Bigcommerce.
- Shipbots has user permissions for selecting which people in your organization see the shipping data and have control over what goes on with your inventory.
- You can decide to go with the freight management service from Shipbots, which helps you coordinate and import freight shipments.
- Shipbots offers fulfillment for ecommerce stores, along with more unique fulfillment services like retail, subscription boxes, crowdfunding, and more.
- You can send your products to Shipbots and they'll prepare the items to be sent out through the Fulfilled By Amazon program.
As mentioned before, Shipbots has its bases covered by running three warehouses across the United States. One is in the Midwest, while the others take care of the two coasts. Not only that, but you get to select where you store your products based on where your customers are located.
Here are the locations of Shipbots warehouses and fulfillment centers:
- Los Angeles, CA
- Kansas City, MO
- Rocky Mountain, NC
Remember, it's also possible to split your inventory between locations with Shipbots. This is usually the best bet since some of your customers will reside on the east coast and others will be closer to the Kansas City or Rocky Mountain warehouses. The goal is to spread out your inventory so that everyone gets their products shipped to them as fast as possible.
As with all fulfillment centers and software, you must contact the Shipbots sales team to settle on a custom quote for your business. Having said that, Shipbots does provide a cost calculator to hone in on what your pricing may look like.
Although your numbers will vary, here's an example for ecommerce fulfillment costs:
- Starting at $2.50 for the first item picked
- $0.50 for all additional items in the order
- Starting at $0.20 per order for promotional inserts
- Starting at $2 for return processing
The rates get better as you increase your monthly orders. For example, sending out more than 5,000 monthly orders gets you a first pick fee of $1.50. The additional items per order cost $0.30, which comes out to a lower rate than what was listed above.
Here are some other fees associated with Shipbots:
- $5 per month for a large bin storage container
- $10 per month for every shelf you use
- $30 per month for every pallet stored
- $45 per man-hour for special projects
- $300 per 20-foot container when unloading
- $500 per 40-foot container when unloading
- A minimum pick and pack fee of $250 per month
- $0.15 to $2.00 for all packaging materials
You can also provide your own custom packaging materials. In addition, the following features and services are included for free to all customers:
- The discounted shipping rates
- Customer support
- Receiving photos
- Freight management tools
- Order and inventory management software
- Order processing and prep
- Claims management
- Address validation
Choosing the Right Fulfillment Service in the USA
Not all efulfillment services are made the same, and that's why we wanted to highlight the absolute best options for shipping and storing your products within the USA. The good news is that most US fulfillment centers and services have warehouses all over the country. In addition, you often get the bonus of a few international warehouses in case you plan on sending products elsewhere.
If you still have questions about the best fulfillment center in the USA, take a look at our final recommendations below:
- ShipBob – Our top pick as a fulfillment center in the USA, with five primary warehouses, a beautiful online interface, and reasonable pricing for all companies.
- Shopify Fulfillment – Ideal for brands already using Shopify. It offers solid pricing and a nice interface online for managing your orders. The only limit is that it's not meant to integrate with many other platforms, and the network of warehouses doesn't seem to be managed by Shopify itself.
- Deliverr – Our favorite fulfillment center in the USA for selling on multiple platforms. You can offer rapid shipping to customers, through channels like Etsy, Walmart, and eBay, as well as your online store. They also have tons of warehouses in the US.
- Shipmonk – A great fulfillment option when integrating with one of the top ecommerce platforms and looking for lower prices on shipping and picking. It's also one of the better fulfillment solutions in terms of the software that comes with your fulfillment membership.
- Red Stag Fulfillment – A smaller operation with quality customer support and options for all types of shipping and packaging. Not many locations, but the operations run smoothly.
- Shipbots – This is a wonderful fulfillment center and software in the United States that covers the entire country with three warehouses. It also offers intuitive software for orders, transparent pricing, and unique offerings like temperature-controlled storage.
We love hearing from you, so let us know in the comments if you have any thoughts or concerns about the best fulfillment center in the USA, or the ecommerce supply chain in general.